2.27.2009

The wait is over.



I got the letter I have been anticipating for about 4 months now. I must say, it was the most amazing feeling I have felt in awhile to read "Congratulations" within the first few words. It was a mix of relief, excitement, sadness, and being nervous. And I liked it. :) My moms words after 10 minutes or so were, "That's what you call a reality check huh? I'm happy for you, but sad at the same time. This is a sign you're growing up. Well, I guess it's not THAT far." Followed by a lot of laughter. And my dad actually said that he was proud. :o Don't get me wrong at all, my dad has ALWAYS been proud of everything I do. But I know that when it comes to SDSU, he'd much rather have me at a school closer to where he's living. And as much as I miss him, I know that his job is definitely not in a permanent location. Next year he will no longer be in Vegas. Why go to school somewhere just so I can be stuck there when he'll just leave a year later? No thanks. And on the other hand, most people see SDSU as "no big deal." However, I definitely did NOT have the best GPA. And 'm talking about below a 3.0. Barely, but still below. And my SAT scores were okay. I was only allowed to apply to one school. So SDSU or southwestern college were my only options. So I took a chance. Knowing that students with a GPA of 4.4 were going to apply as well. And, I did it. So this IS a big deal to me.

Now my head is spinning with "what to dos" and "what's next?" and "Why so fast?" Growing up is scary. Now I'm faced with deciding where to live, home or away? What type of student, full-time or part-time? Job or no job? Will I qualify for financial aid? Do I call my grandma and ask? And I think I'm still in shock from it all. I'm not even 18 yet. Well, in about 11 days I will be. :p But still, these are really big decisions to make. It's like a turning point for me. Now I HAVE to keep up my grades this semester. And I can stop this stressing over it.

I'm gonna do this. This is MY choice for once. I'm doing it forme. And my future. And for the first time in a really long time, I can say I'm proud of myself. :)

1 comment: